Friday, December 25, 2009

Our Second Amendment Rights

Today while visiting two of my favorite blogs today Right Truth and Texas Fred I came across two post that reminded me of what a great country we live in. The first at "Texas Freds" was a reminder of the existing gun rights and how recently many states have reaffirmed the rights granted under the Constitution and the second by Debbie at "Right Truth" was a less obvious reminder of our rights. In her post she relates waking up today to the sound of gunfire. She lives in a rural area and the shots were hunters after the ducks and geese along the Tennessee River. I made the following short comment on her blog and I will pass it along: "I miss the sound of early morning gunfire on the farm, mine most of all. They are a symbol of our rights as Americans. Many other so-called progressive countries are silent and that silence is deafening, and speaks with the voice of authoritarianism. We are blessed".

No comments: